Saturday 21 August 2010

Not Arrogant Just Better!

Arsene Wenger said the following about Paul Scholes: “I’m sorry, for me he was not a fair player. There’s a little bit of a darker side in him, sometimes, that I did not like. I respect him highly as a quality player but I did not like some things he did on the football pitch and I have the right to say that. It’s not because you are older suddenly that you are a saint. The regret I have personally is he was not always the fairest player.”

To me this is another case of jealousy for United's history and success. Under Wenger Arsenal have not won a trophy for five seasons. Long may he remain Manager at The Emirates with a success rate like that. This is the man who said that Darren Fletcher played Anti Football!

We all loved it in 1988 when United cane from two goals down to draw 3-3 with Liverpool at Anfield when Gordon Strachan smoked an imaginary cigar in front of The Kop. It was the time when Norman Whiteside and Bryan Robson put the fear of God into Liverpool!

In 1996 Kevin Keegan lost it in a post match interview with: "I'll tell ya honestly, I will love it if we beat them, love it!" More recently Rafa Benitez said that Sir Alex should arrange all Premier League fixtures from his office in future. The only fact I'm interested in is that United won the League that season!

At United we do our talking on the pitch. We are not arrogant just better!

No comments:

Post a Comment