Monday 2 August 2010

Memories of Field Day 2010

Field Day means another visit to Victoria Park in East London. Thankfully this year it didn't include getting soaked in the pouring rain!

I made my way to to the Adventures In The Beetroot Field tent to see Cate Le Bon at 12.20 and wasn't disappointed! She seems very influenced by Nico. I then moved on to the Bugged Out tent to see The Golden Filter with their electronic dance beats! Next were Erland and the Carnival on the Eat Your Own Ears stage.

After catching some of Flower-Corsano Duo it was back to the Bugged Out tent for a great performance from Memory Tapes. Steve Mason came and went then onto the fun of Egyptian Hip Hop!

The Adventures in the beetroot Field was jumping for These New Puritans. I then rushed over to the Eat Your Own Ears stage for The Fall. It was brilliant to see Mark E Smith! Loads of fun was had by all in the Village Mentality tent with Gruff Rhys and Tony da Gatorra!

I caught the end of Hypnotic Brass Ensemble who brought the crowd to life at the Eat Your Own Ears stage. Next on stage were the chilled out sounds of Caribou before I rushed across to the Village Mentality tent for the fun of Silver Apples! I caught the first few songs of Phoenix but for me the real headliners were Mouse on Mars who provided a brilliant electronic end to my Field Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment